Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
(Recipe makes 24 Meatballs)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave and drain of any liquid. Once it is cooled mix together the spinach, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (everything except for the mozzarella and spinach) in a large bowl, mixing together really well. I find that your hands are the best tool for this:). Season with salt and pepper.
- Grab a small portion of the meat mixture and begin forming the bottom of your meatballs. Using your finger make a small indention in the center for the cheese mixture.
- Once you have formed the bottom half of the meatballs and stuffed them with the spinach and cheese mixture, grab another small amount of the meat to place over top. Using your hands place the meat around the cheese mixture until it is all covered up (or as best as possible) and formed into a ball.
- Bake in the oven on 400 for 20 -25 minutes.
- Use your favorite marinara sauce to serve on the side.
And of course you can't have meatballs without the spaghetti.