Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Recap

Our good friends and next door neighbors invited us to spend the weekend with them at their mountain house. Jason and I left Friday after work and arrived just in time to roast s'mores outside and enjoy the cool crisp fall mountain air. We woke up early Saturday morning to head into Boone to go to the farmers market and pick up some breakfast before heading out on a late morning hike. It was peak weekend in the mountains (which means that the most vibrant fall foliage occurs) so I knew our hike on the trail would be beautiful.




Price Park was the halfway point on our five mile hike so we stopped to have a picnic lunch. Before leaving for the mountains I made these energy bites that I had pinned on pinterest and took them along on our hike to enjoy with our sandwiches. They were easy to put together and I was told by my husband that we needed to start keeping them around at home for a quick and healthy snack or dessert.


Once we were back from hiking the men went fly fishing while Jennifer and I relaxed at the house in front of the fire. We spent the afternoon talking, napping, reading and snacking on cheese and crackers before heading into Blowing Rock for dinner at Crippen's.


It was the perfect fall weekend spent with wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment