Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kauai Recap Part 1

I am back at home after two weeks of vacation. Once Jason and I left Hawaii and landed back in Charlotte we loaded up the car and drove to Ocean Isle Beach to meet the rest of our family for our yearly beach trip. It was an exhausting day of travel but completely worth it once we were able to join everyone for what I consider my favorite week of the year.

While in Hawaii we stayed on the island of Kauai (also known as the "Garden Isle"). There are hundreds of hiking trails on the island as well as tropical rainforest, waterfalls, and mountains so we spent most of our time exploring the island. We knew from looking at pictures how beautiful Kauai is but I still wasn't prepared to see some of the things that we did. There were moments when it literally took my breath away.

The view from our room

Kilohana Overlook-The end of a 4-mile hike, part of which was through a boardwalk swamp trail.


View from Na Pali trail

Hanakapi'ai Waterfall-The end of our 4 mile hike on the Na Pali Trail


Jason and I did a guided tour on horseback that took us to another waterfall

Waimea Canyon

PiheaTrail- Trail located 4000ft above the ocean overlooking the Kalalau Valley

We didn't hike the whole time we were there so I will be writing another post to share a few more highlights from our trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment