You can easily add more chicken and the ingredients to this recipe but I based my measurements using only two breast.
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg white
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Open up the chicken breast by slicing it down the side. This will form a pocket for the stuffing.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Add 2 to 3 slices of tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the cheese and half of the fresh basil to each breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the chicken breast over, keeping the salad inside of the chicken. Seal with several toothpicks.
- In two separate bowls add the egg white and the breadcrumbs. Dip the chicken into the egg white then the breadcrumbs and cover completely. Place the chicken inside of a baking dish. (If there are breadcrumbs remaining sprinkle them over the chicken).
- Drizzle each breast with olive oil.
Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.