Sunday, September 9, 2012

Apple Muffins

I know that fall doesn't technically start for another few weeks but now that Labor Day has passed, kids are back in school, and football has started it is fall in my book. As much as I love the summer I am finding myself very excited for cooler temperatures, changing of the leaves, pumpkins and of course fresh apples. While we were in the mountains last weekend we stopped to buy a bag of Honey Crisp apples (my favorite) before coming back home. With the addition of the apples that we already had on hand you could say we had more than enough apples to enjoy. I have been busy this week trying to find different uses for them.


I found this recipe off of the Smitten Kitchen website for Apple Muffins that were both healthy and delicious. The only change I made from the original recipe was reducing the sugar by about 1/4 of a cup. With the addition of the apples it still had the perfect amount of sweetness. If you find yourself with an abundance of apples this fall or you simply want a healthy breakfast or snack option then I encourage you to give these muffins a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment