Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crab Dip

Last weekend we had a family get together at my aunt and uncles house to visit with the foreign exchange student from Germany that they hosted several years ago. She had been spending the past month here doing an internship for a local law firm and visiting with her American family.

Jason and I were in charge of bringing the appetizers, which gave me the perfect reason to make this dip that I have had my eye on for a while now. I am a sucker for hot crab dip served with good toasted bread.
I tried to lighten the crab dip by using reduced fat cream cheese and skim milk. The end result was a big bowl of warm, creamy goodness.

 Crab Dip
- 2- 8oz. packages of imitation crab meat
- 1 10oz. can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- 3 -8oz. packages reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1- 4oz. can green chilies

Mix all the ingredients together in a dish. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
Serve with toasted bread or crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment