Thursday, March 29, 2012

World's Best Cookie


When I came across the name for these cookies I knew I had to try them because who doesn't want to know what the world's best cookie taste like. I came across two copies of this recipe in the file box and noticed that  Phyllis even made the following comment on one of the recipes. 



She also noted that the cookies take a while to make, probably because the recipe yields 110 to 120 cookies. Holy Cookies! I chose to cut this recipe in half but if you stick with the original amount it is also noted on the card that they will freeze well after they have been cooked and cooled. If you are in need of a tasty cookie recipe that makes a ton then this one is definitely for you.


 I would not say this is the best cookie in the world but I personally do not know what the world's best cookie is because there are so many wonderful and completely different cookies to choose from.
These cookies are tender and sweet like a sugar cookie with a nuttier flavor and a bit more crunch. I think Phyllis and I would both agree that they would make the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea. I may or may not have grabbed one before I even had my first sip of coffee this morning.




I honestly have no clue what the real name for this cookie is so I am just going to leave it like it as is.
Besides, some of you may agree this is the world's best cookie.Whatever you choose to call them, you will not be disappointed and you will keep coming back for more.

This is the original recipe but you can also cut the ingredients in half. (I still used 1 whole whole egg when I  did so)

World's Best Cookie
Yields 110-120 cookies

Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar
- Add egg
- Add vegetable oil and vanilla
- Add oats, cornflakes, and nuts
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt
- Mix well

- Place about a teaspoon full of the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Flatten each cookie with a fork to thin
- Bake 12 minutes at 325 degrees


 


No comments:

Post a Comment