Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Pasta

Right after I posted this post last week looking for new ways to use up some of our basil Ina Garten made this pasta as I was watching her show on the Food Network. I was immediately intrigued when I saw the tomatoes and basil and 100% sold when she said that you didn't have to cook the sauce. All that is required is a little prep work in the morning to put the sauce together and by the time you get home dinner can be ready in a flash. Just cook the noodles and pour the sauce over top. Fast, fresh, and flavorful.


I mostly made the sauce just as Ina did using about a tablespoon and a half of  Roasted French Walnut Oil and whole wheat spaghetti noodles. Since we had some shrimp that needed to be used I added it to the pasta after sauteing it in pan.

Enjoyed on the patio with music and a glass of wine. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment