Monday, June 4, 2012

A few things I am loving right now

Instead of sharing a recipe with you I thought I would switch it up and tell you a few things that I am loving right now.

1. Fresh Basil


The basil that we planted back in the Spring is certainly not letting us down. I am looking for some new and inventive ways to use this so suggestions are always welcome.

2. This Combination:


Watermelon, Feta Cheese, and Basil (from our yard of course :)) This combination screams Summer and I love it! It is so light and refreshing and oh so yummy! I highly recommend giving this a try.

3. My new camera


This was my anniversary gift from my wonderful hubby. Its a Cannon Rebel T3. I am still trying to get use to it and figure out the different settings but so far I am loving it. This was certainly a gift we can both enjoy.

4. Our new patio furniture

Since we received this set back in April we have enjoyed many dinner's outside on the patio. Music, dinner and wine, and summer nights outside = Pure bliss.

5. This cocktail
Its St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Champagne, and lemon. I have seen different names for it but Westglow called it the French 77. I had this as my pre-dinner cocktail both nights of our anniversary weekend. It's light and refreshing with the perfect amount of sweetness.

5 comments:

  1. put a little balsamic syrup on the watermelon, feta and basil - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all of that basil, you definitely have enough to make fresh pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through A. Liz. We live in Charlotte too, question... since you put your basil out are you having a problem with japanese beetles?
    They took over our deck eating that basil! We finally threw it away and they're gone.
    REDIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY! We have not had any problems with Japanese Beetles. I am crossing my fingers that it stays that way:)

      Delete
  4. I am coming over from A. Liz Adventures. All of your recipes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete