Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mom's Pasta Salad

My mom has been making this pasta salad for my family for as long as I can remember. It has been a part of many family gatherings, cook-outs, and weekends home from college when I wanted to fill up on all my favorite home cooked meals.

Whenever I think about this salad I can't help but think about my best friend Jennifer. Throughout junior high and high school Jennifer practically lived at my parents house so she was very familiar with my mom's infamous pasta salad. During college and the years after when we lived together Jennifer would often times put in a request for "Mom's" pasta salad. So in honor of Jennifer that is what I am calling it.

Jennifer and I on my wedding day

Nothing says summer like a good old pasta salad so I decided to make this last night for our wine book club. After all these years I can practically make this with my eyes closed so for blogging purposes yesterday was my first time measuring the ingredients. You can always add other vegetables in as well such as peppers, olives or tomatoes but sometimes I just like the simplicity of the basic recipe.

Mom's Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
- 1 box whole wheat Bow Tie pasta
- 1 cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon's McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 2 cups Zesty Italian Dressing

Directions:
- Cook pasta noodles according to the package directions. Drain noodles
- Add the chopped cucumber, onions, seasoning and salad dressing to the cooked pasta.
- Serve at room temperature or store in fridge until ready to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment