Monday, July 2, 2012

Kauai Recap Part 2

It is because of my wonderful husbands hard work that we were able to go to Kauai. His company brought us, along with about 300 other employees and spouses, to the wonderful island to express their appreciation for the work that was done last year. To end a wonderful week they concluded the trip by throwing a luau. This was our first ever "real" luau and it was more or less how I pictured it to be. There were Hawaiian dances, hula girls, a spread of food and of course BBQ. Yes those are real pigs in the photo below and yes I did eat some of the BBQ after seeing that. I was going for the full luau experience.:)





Of course I can't tell you about our trip and not mention the food. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. We ate a lot of fish and although it was extremely fresh we found that many of the dishes were lacking in flavor. However, I will tell you what I did love. Fruit. Oh My Goodness! I have found a new love for papaya that I was not aware of before. 

There is of course some really good food in Kauai, you just have to do a little more searching to find it. And we did.

Osso Bucco and Shrimp Romesco (Bar Acuda)

Dates with shaved parmesan and aged balsamic (Bar Acuda)

Tuna Tartare served with crusty bread upon request ;) (St. Regis Resort)

Dinner at Bar Acuda (our favorite restaurant).

No comments:

Post a Comment