Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tangy Country Style Pulled Pork Barbecue

If someone asked me what my favorite kitchen appliance is I would say hands down my crock pot. There is nothing like coming home after a long day to the wonderful aroma of a home-cooked meal ready and waiting for you. I have made barbecue in the crock pot a few times before but I have never made it using this sauce that I found in Phyllis's recipe box. My goodness was it good. You could really taste the lemon in this recipe, which really brightened the dish and balanced well with the other flavors. I chose to use pork tenderloin to save on both fat and calories but you could certainly use a different cut of meat such as a pork shoulder. It's quick and easy making it perfect for a weeknight meal.



Tangy Country BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Worchester Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon (sliced thin with peel)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper

Mix the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Place your tenderloin in the crock pot and pour the sauce over top. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.





 Before serving shred the pork (I did this by using two forks) and remove the lemon slices.




This recipe is great for leftovers and the best part is you can do different things with it so you aren't eating the same thing several days in a row.

Great topping or side to a salad


BBQ and Cheese Quesadilla




No comments:

Post a Comment