Friday, January 25, 2013

Corn Chowder with Chicken Sausage

This is the same recipe that I posted a year ago but since I updated the pictures this week I wanted to share it with you again. I mentioned in my New Years post that I was going to work on redoing some recipes in order to capture better photos.  I still consider myself to be an amateur photographer, but I am having fun learning as I go. If you missed the recipe the first time I posted it, this is a hearty and comforting bowl of soup perfect for a cold winters night. You can check out the original post here (with the updated pictures).


Corn Chowder with Chicken Sausage

Ingredients:
- 1lb hot Chicken Sausage
- 1lb Sweet Chicken Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans regular corn
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cans low fat evaporated milk
- 5 red potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2- 2 1/2 tsp basil

Directions:
-Saute the sausage and onion in a large skillet. Chop the sausage once it has been cooked.
-Combine the rest of ingredients into a large pot. Add in the cooked sausage and onion. Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment