Thursday, February 16, 2012

Corn Chowder with a Kick

I have always referred to this soup as Corn Chowder but I feel that because of the addition of the sausage it puts a different spin on it. When I asked Jason what I should call it he said, " A bowl full of awesomeness, perfect for a cold winter's night". Obviously that won't work so for lack of a more creative title I am calling it Corn Chowder with Chicken Sausage.This recipe makes A TON of soup, making it perfect for a crowd or to have around as leftovers. We had more than enough to eat on throughout the week so I was also able to freeze a portion of it as well.



Corn Chowder with Chicken Sausage

Ingredients:
- 1lb hot Chicken Sausage
- 1lb Sweet Chicken Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans regular corn
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cans low fat evaporated milk
- 5 red potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2- 2 1/2 tsp basil

Directions:
-Saute the sausage and onion in a large skillet. Chop the sausage once it has been cooked.
 
-Combine the rest of ingredients into a large pot. Add in the cooked sausage and onion. Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until ready to serve.


 

2 comments:

  1. I made this soup the other night and it was so delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete