I used the Mission Artisan Style Corn and Whole Wheat Blend Tortillas, which provided the perfect taste and texture for the tacos once they were toasted in the oven
The baja sauce that is drizzled on top is the icing on the cake for these tacos. Like I mentioned before, I like to experiment with ingredients that we already have in the house so I chose to add a sweet chili sauce in with the other ingredients. I know it may sound crazy but the chili sauce added a tangy flavor from the blend of peppers, garlic and spices used, really completing the Baja Sauce.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Asian Sauce
Mix all the ingredients together.
Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos
- 1 package of corn tortillas ( I used Mission Artisan Style Corn and Whole Wheat Blend)
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you really like it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Juice from half of a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 Avacodo, cut and sliced
- Baja sauce (Recipe above)
Season shrimp with the red pepper flakes, thyme, lime juice, salt and pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes before cooking it in the skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
While the shrimp is cooking, heat the tortillas in the oven (about 3 minutes) to get them warm and crispy. When the shrimp is done fill the center of the tortilla shells with shrimp, avacodo, cabbage and top with the Baja Sauce.
**Served with a side of black beans (that my husband included inside of his tacos:))