This elegant salad is full of flavor and texture, bringing a burst of color to your dinner table. If you love butternut squash then you will love this salad. Trust me!
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Serves 8-10 people
- 2 -8 oz bags of spring mix greens
- 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 bag of trail mix ( mixed nuts, dried fruits, Cranberries, and Raisin's)
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- Peel, cut and dice the butternut squash into small pieces. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven on 400 for 35-40 minutes. Let the squash cool before adding it to the salad.
- In a large bowl add the spring mix, goat cheese, roasted butternut squash (cooled), and the bag of trail mix.
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
(Recipe adapted from Paula)
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix ingredients and store in the refrigerator
**Makes about 5 oz. **