Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cheese Ball

Happy Valentine's Day! Jason and I celebrated this past weekend with dinner at Barrington's (my favorite) Friday night and we spent Saturday together looking for furniture and cooking for each other. Today I spent the day with my other love.


Last week it was my turn to host wine book club so after flipping through some of Phyllis's recipes I came across this cheese ball.This is a recipe that Jason's mom acquired from her best friend and Jason's godmother, Delores.  I was surprised by how easy this was to make and unlike other cheese ball recipes that I have seen before this one only calls for one type of cheese. We had lunch with Delores on Sunday and I told her that I made her cheese ball for my girlfriends and everyone loved it so I don't think she will mind me sharing it with you.

Cheese Ball
- 2 -8oz packages of cream cheese (I used the reduced fat)
- 1 -8oz. can crushed pineapple- drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 Tablespoons onion
- Lowery's seasoning salt (About a Teaspoon but you can use as much or as little as you like)
- 1 Cup of chopped nuts

Mix all of the ingredients together except for the nuts. Roll in a ball and refrigerate. Before serving coat the outside with chopped nuts
**I made the cheese ball a day ahead then wrapped it in saran wrap to keep in the fridge.

1 comment: