Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Poppy Fruit Salad

 I am a little late in posting my recipes from Easter but we have had a lot going on in the past two weeks. Hopefully I can begin blogging again on a somewhat regular basis. I have not done much cooking since Easter so I am itching to try some new things. Until then here is a crowd pleasing recipe that calls for fresh fruit and topped with a smooth vinaigrette dressing.

The combinations of the sweetness from the fruit, sharpness from the cheddar, and crunch from the pecans has this salad bursting with different taste and textures. Refreshing and delicious, it's perfect for these warmer days. Since I was making this salad for a large crowd I played around with the ingredients, basically tripling the recipe, but I am including the original.

Poppy Fruit Salad:
- 2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 medium pears (chopped)
- 2/3 cup grapes (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans

Directions:
- In a bowl mix together the vinegar, honey, dry mustard, and oil.


- Add the chopped pears and grapes to a separate bowl and top with the cheddar cheese, pecans, and poppy seeds. Drizzle the dressing over top.


Serve chilled or at room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment