Monday, February 6, 2012

Trip to California- San Francisco Recap

Now that we are home from our trip and my computer is back up and running (cross your fingers that it stays that way)  I am ready to start blogging again. We had an amazing time on our trip but it feels good to be home and back to a normal routine. During our trip we tried a lot of new food and received several recipe ideas from some of the places we visited, which I hope to be able to share at some point. We arrived in San Francisco on Friday just in time for a late dinner. Jennifer and Ian wanted to take us to Park Tavern, a new restaurant they had heard great things about. It is located in the historic North Beach neighborhood and even with a 9:30 dinner reservation the place was still packed out. We ordered several of the appetizers for the group to share then Jason and I split the grilled Sea Scallops to split as our entree. The appetizers were by far my favorite part and I could have made a meal off of the Deviled Eggs alone. 

We spent Saturday touring the city. We walked along the bay and stopped at the farmers market before going to brunch at The Plant, which features 100% organic and local ingredients . All I can say is holy yum. I ordered the special, which was an egg scramble (egg whites only) with chicken sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and goat cheese. It came with a side of country potatoes, toast and fruit. We already plan to make this at home for one of our weekend breakfast.

We spent the rest of the afternoon hiking and seeing as much of the city as we possibly could. Thanks to Jennifer and Ian we had fantastic tour guides.



Jennifer, Allie, Martine



Saturday night we met up with some of Jennifer and Ian's friends for dinner and drinks at the Boxing Room.  Unlike Friday nights meal I could have done without the appetizers and just enjoyed my entree of Roasted Trout with Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and bacon. I typically don't order trout out so I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it but since it was served with two of my most favorite vegetables I wanted to give it a try. I am so glad I did because it was amazing and possibly my favorite dinner all week.


No comments:

Post a Comment