Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Trip to California- Sonoma recap Part 2

Monday was a fun filled day of visiting different wineries and participating in lots of tastings. We had appointments at Pride, Rombauer, and Gloria Ferrer and had just enough time for another stop at Cuvaison (which none of us had ever heard of but loved) before heading back to the Inn.





We had dinner reservations at  The Girl and The Fig, which was highly recommended by several people. We ordered the mussels and a cheese plate to share among the four of us.

For my entree I ordered the Seared Striped Bass which of course was delicious.
(I didn't realize it at the time but up to this point in our trip I had ordered fish every night. :) )We were all completely exhausted once dinner was over so we headed back to the Inn to crash in the bed. After we stopped to take this picture.
  

Before leaving for Tahoe on Tuesday we stopped by two more wineries on the way out (as if we had not tasted enough wine already:)). We had some time to spare before our wine and cheese pairing at Artesa so we stopped into Domain Carneros, which was located right across the road. I didn't realize when I ordered the sparkling wine tasting that it included 3 full glasses. (oops)
   

If you have any plans to visit the wine country I highly recommend going to Artesa and doing the Vino con Queso tasting. During this experience we were able to pair some of the limited release and reserve wines with artisan cheeses. Our guide was very helpful and I learned a lot about preparing a cheese plate based on certain wines. Not only did Jason and I enjoy this experience but we also loved the wine so much that we are now members of their wine club. What can I say they stole my heart when I walked into the room and saw this...



No comments:

Post a Comment