Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Biggest Fan

Yesterday I found myself with four ultra ripe bananas (which never happens in our house) so instead of letting them go to waste I decided to make Banana Bread. In order to keep it healthy like I did with the Pumpkin Bread I made last week I used whole-wheat flour and left out the sugar. Ripe bananas add plenty of natural sweetness so I knew even without the sugar it would have the perfect amount of sweetnesss for my taste. Especially after I add Biscoff Spread on top;).


Shortly after I took the bread out of the oven my sister-n-law, niece and nephew arrived to spend the afternoon with me. Let's just say someone was a big fan of the Banana Bread.



Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Cup of honey
- 3-4 Ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs

- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add in the honey, vegetable oil, yogurt, and eggs. Mix with the dry ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl mash up the bananas and fold in with the other ingredients
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and Bake on 350 for 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment