Hot cheesy dips are by far a weakness of mine. No big surprise there since I love all things cheese. Unfortunately these yummy dips are full of fat and calories,which is probably what makes them such a crowd pleaser. I have taken one of my favorite appetizers and given it a healthy twist by using reduced fat cheeses and increasing the amount of spinach and artichokes for a veggie boost.
I have made this Spinach Artichoke Dip for years and it is always a hit.
With football season underway I suggest making this appetizer for your next tailgate party.
Low Fat Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2- 8oz packages light cream cheese, softened
- 2- 14oz cans progresso artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1- 10oz box frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 Cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, plus 1/4 cup for the topping (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spinach in the microwave according to the box directions. Drain all excess liquid.
- Cream together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in the artichoke hearts and spinach (drained well) and mix till blended.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, pour in dip and top with extra mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
**Serve hot with crackers or toasted bread**