After doing some research on the Internet I took different ingredients from a few different recipes to come up with this delightfully nutritious yet sweet a chewy cookie. Trust me you will not feel guilty about eating these.
Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Yields 24 cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Trop50 orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl add the cranberries to the orange juice and soak for 10 minutes.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, apple sauce, orange zest and the cranberry mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Add the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix well.
- Lay parchment paper down on a cookie sheet and spoon about tablespoon of the cookie dough on the paper. Bake cookies on 375 for 8 minutes.