The first Easter Jason and I spent together I asked him to tell me one dessert that he would have growing up that he would always have on Easter. Without hesitation he told me his mom would make a Dump Cake, which also happens to be one of his favorite desserts. I wanted to be able to carry that memory on for Jason so every Easter since then I have been making Dump Cake. Not only is this a delicious recipe but it is so easy to make. You literally dump the ingredients in a pan and bake in the oven for one hour.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can crushed pineapple- not drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick of butter
- Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray
- Pour in the cherry pie filling and cover the bottom. Pour in the crushed pineapple.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over top of the fruit until it is all covered
- Sprinkle the pecans on top of the cake mix then pour in the melted butter making sure it evenly coats the top.
- Bake on 400 for 1 hour.
Best severed warm. You can also serve it with ice cream or whip cream if you choose.
And just to show you that it is indeed his favorite here is a copy of Phyllis's recipe card. Look at the writing on the top right.