Monday, October 1, 2012

What I Am Loving Right Now

Hello October! September flew by but that is fine with me. Bring on the hooded sweatshirts, cool weather, colorful leaves and all other things fall. I love this time of year along with a few other things.

Honeycrisp Apples

I know I have mentioned it before but my favorite apples are Honeycrisp and they have finally arrived. If you love a sweet apple then you will love these. I have been stocking up while they are in season.

Mums
The other weekend Jason and I made one of our weekly trips to Home Depot where I was greeted with beautiful mums of all different colors and sizes. To me there is no better way to dress up your front porch or garden then with this beautiful autumn flower.



Pumpkin
I have been pinning away all things pumpkin on pinterest and I can't wait to try out some new recipes soon. Here are just a few that I have pinned so far:

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2008/11/pumpkin-rolls.html
http://hwescott.blogspot.com/2011/10/tasty-tuesday-pumpkin-poppers.html
http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2011/11/08/pumpkin-fluff/

Speaking of pumpkin it is time for me to make my pumpkin bread to have on hand in the mornings for breakfast.

This Book
Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child

I find Julia Child to be a fascinating woman and even though I have not yet finished this book I am really intrigued by her life story. She was a strong willed and amazing women and this book does an excellent job of portraying that. If you are a fan of her and love a good biography then I highly recommend this book.

This Picture




Jason and I are expecting out first child and we could not be more excited. My due date is April 1st. Now that I am past the first trimester and no longer feel like I want to face plant on the couch every night when I get home I hope to start blogging more frequently again. Hopefully it won't be all comfort food and sweets:)

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if you'd put the great news on the blog! Congratulations, again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for ya'll! I thought this might be in your cards this year judging from our conversation at The Liberty ;)

    ReplyDelete