Creamy Tomato Penne with Shrimp
(Makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 box whole wheat penne pasta
- 1- 45 oz. jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Old World Ragu)
- 2- 6oz. containers nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan + more for topping
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain noodles.
- While the penne is cooking season the shrimp with salt and pepper and saute in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile heat marinara sauce and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Cook sauce stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- In a medium size bowl add the Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce and mix well. Pour the yogurt mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the marinara sauce.
- In a large bowl, pour sauce over the drained penne. Add basil, Parmesan cheese and shrimp. Mix well.
- Optional: Sprinkle with additional cheese