Most quiches are cooked inside of a pie crust but I wanted to avoid the additional fat and calories, making this a crustless quiche. You can easily add and change ingredients using vegetables that are in season or things you already have on hand. I thought the feta went perfectly with the other ingredients in this dish but Goat cheese or Gouda would make a nice substitute as well.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1- 10oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1- 15oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl mix together the crumbled feta, spinach, whole eggs and egg whites, ricotta, flour, and nutmeg until well combined. Add scallions into the mix.
- Pour mixture into a cast iron skillet or 9 inch round greased baking dish. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.