Anyway back to these biscuits. My grandmothers they are not and no I did not eat them with slices of tomato and onion (although now I am wondering why I didn't) but they are delicious. I made them
twice in one week because I could not get enough. With only 4 ingredients they take no time at all to make and they can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The outside has a golden crust while the inside is soft and fluffy. They are best served hot out of the oven but if you have some leftover I would heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds or so to warm before eating. You can eat them plain, with honey or jam, or if you are feeling daring you could add some butter tomato and onion and call it a day. I double dare you.
Whole Wheat Butter Biscuits
(Recipe Yields: 8-10 medium sized biscuits)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1- 8oz. container light sour cream
- Mix together the melted butter, sour cream and flour in a large bowl.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of the dough onto a baking sheet or muffin tin.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
** Best served hot out of the oven.**