After a busy week of traveling for the hubby I wanted to make him a nice dinner to welcome him home last night. This is my version of a simple yet elegant meal, perfect for a special occasion or simply because it's a Friday night and what better way to get your weekend started than with good food, nice wine, and family.
- 1 1/4 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 (13.5) oz can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- Put the frozen peas in a bowl with hot water to thaw out. Set aside
- Add butter to the bottom of a sauce pan. Saute the onions with the butter for several minutes.
- Add the rice mixing well (1 minute)
- Pour in the can of coconut milk, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid is melted.
- At the last minute add the peas (Drain the water first unless more liquid is needed) and mix them in with the rice.
Seared Scallops and Asparagus
( Serves 2 people)
- 1lb. Sea Scallops
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus season with salt and pepper and bake in a preheated oven on 400 for 15 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking wash the scallops and pat dry using a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan with olive oil. Add the scallops and sear for several minutes without turning them. Once they have a light colored crust flip them over and sear the other side (3-4 minutes).
Remove from pan.
Putting it all together
Serve the coconut rice and top with asparagus and the seared scallops. Enjoy!