As soon as I saw this I began to flip back and forth to see which recipes she liked best and was so excited to see that she had marked a recipe for Seven Layer Cookies. I absolutely love these cookies and practically ate my weight in them this past Christmas while visiting my aunt and uncle.
The chips of chocolate and butterscotch help to give this classic recipe its delicious taste but can easily be substituted for something different (white or dark chocolate). I personally love them just the way they are.
Seven Layer Cookies
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6oz.) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6oz.) butterscotch chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13 x 9- inch baking dish with cooking spray (make sure to get the sides as well).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter and mix well. Press crumb mixture to bottom of pan. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs. Layer evenly with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake 30 minutes; cool and cut into squares.