I have been eating hot oatmeal a lot lately because it's warm and comforting on these cold winter mornings and it sticks with you for hours. I like to switch up my bowl of oats by adding in different ingredients or toppings such as pumpkin, peanut butter, granola, or honey. While trying to find a new way to dress up my morning oatmeal I came up with this tasty concoction. Of course you can switch up the berries to make a different flavored cheesecake oatmeal depending on your preference or what you have on hand. This whole bowl contains approximately 5 grams of fat and 274 calories! All you need is about 5 minutes of prep and cook time to come up with this heart healthy and delicious recipe that will keep you feeling full for hours.
Blueberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
(Recipe makes 1 serving)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
*Optional: 1 tablespoon honey if you want to add more sweetness*
- In a saucepan add the oats, milk, water, thinly sliced banana, vanilla and chia seeds. Allow the mixture to come to a boil then reduce the heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture thickens and the bananas have disappeared remove oatmeal from the heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it has melted. Top with blueberries.