My mom has been making this cake for my family as long as I can remember. The first time Jason tried it he immediately declared it his favorite thing she has ever made (next to her chicken and dumplings). Per mom's orders you need to use french vanilla pudding versus regular vanilla for a richer flavor.
This no-fuss dessert is simple to make and requires no baking making it the perfect dish for anyone to try. Who knew something with only 5 ingredients and little prep work could taste so good. To allow for a more "cake" like texture let the cake sit in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.
Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 (16oz.) container milk chocolate icing
- 1 box of graham crackers
- 2 (3.4oz.) boxes french vanilla instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 (8oz.) container light cool whip
- Whisk together milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Fold in the cool whip until mixed well.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish lay graham crackers down on the bottom until covered.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture on top of the first layer of graham crackers.
- Lay down another layer of graham crackers and pour the remaining pudding mix over top.
- Add one more layer of graham crackers. Set in fridge until cold (about 2 hours).
- Spread the top of the graham crackers with the chocolate icing. (Icing should be at room temperature). Return to refrigerator for several hours or until ready to serve.