Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Secret Keeper Book Review


Brief Summary
On a summer day in 1961 Laurel witnesses a tragic scene between her mother and a man that will forever haunt her. Fifty years later, Laurel comes across a photograph of her mother and a woman named Vivian  that brings about many questions that Laurel has of her mother's unspoken past and what led her to do what she did on that long ago day in 1961. The Secret Keeper takes the reader from pre-WWII England, to the 60's and beyond. It is full of twist and turns keeping it's readers in suspense up until the very end.

Ratings:
Goodreads: 4.12 out of 5 stars
Amazon: 4.5 out of 5 stars
My Score: 4.5 out of 5 stars

My Review
I absolutely loved this book because it was full of twist and turns that left me shocked and surprised several different times. Even though the book covers three different time periods it continued to flow smoothly and for me it kept me interested in continuing to read to see how the mystery would unfold. The Secret Keeper takes it's readers on a journey as they read about the compelling characters and the significance each one plays in the evolution of the story.The biggest shock of all comes at the very end which left me thinking about this book and replaying previous chapters in my mind over and over. This book is about love, friendship, heartache, and second chances.
I would definitely recommend this book but would warn others to be patient because the book starts out a bit slow. I have heard that Kate Morton has written other novels that are just as fascinating so I am looking forward to reading more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment