With Valentine's Day just around the corner these cookies are the perfect treat to make for someone special. Since this recipe is a healthier version than the original red velvet cookie you don't have to feel guilty about keeping them around the house for your family to enjoy next week.
These super moist cookies only have three ingredients: cake mix, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, and Hershey kisses. I prefer my cookies to be soft and chewy and the addition of the Greek yogurt makes these extra fudgy.
Red Velvet Hershey Kiss Cookies
(Recipe yields 18 cookies)
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix (I used Betty Crocker super moist mix)
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 18 unwrapped Hershey Kisses
- Pour cake mix and yogurt into a large mixing bowl, stirring with a spoon. It may look as if there is too much dry batter to blend with the yogurt but if you continue to stir, it will eventually come together.
-Shape dough into 1" balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Dough will be sticky to work with.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- When cookies finish baking immediately press a Hershey kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool and become firm before removing from the baking sheet.