Friday, January 13, 2012

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach and Goat Cheese

Based on my post so far I may have a major slight obsession with cheese. I certainly have my favorites but I can honestly say that I have not found a single type of cheese that I don't like. So of course while thinking up ingredients to put into the chicken rollatini, cheese was a definite must. I chose to go with goat cheese and spinach since we already had these ingredients on hand. This is a great dish to make for the family or a large crowd. I served the chicken with green beans and brown rice.


Ingredients:
  • 3-4 Chicken breast
  • 1 cup of cooked spinach
  • 1 4 oz. container of goat cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 Cup Panko Bread crumbs
  • non-stick cooking spray
  • salt and pepper
Directions:
-Flatten the chicken breast with a meat mallet and season with salt and pepper.Evenly seperate the spinach and goat cheese and lay in the center of each breast. Roll the chicken and place seam side down.

-Mix together the olive oil and butter in one bowl and the bread crumbs in a second bowl. Dip the chicken in the olive oil mixture, then in the breadcrumbs to coat, and place seam side down in a sprayed baking dish. Repeat for each chicken breast. Once all the chicken has been rolled and coated with the bread crumbs spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake on 425 for 30-35 minutes. (Cooking time may vary depending on how big the chicken is).

No comments:

Post a Comment