Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Leftovers

 For me, New Years Eve can be very stressful. I feel that it is the one night of the year that you must go out and do something. This year I was not feeling up for going out to spend a ton of money on overpriced food and drinks and luckily neither were our good friends, Thomas and Emily.  So instead we decided they would come over along with Emily's coworker Stephen, where we ended up having a great dinner, good wine and wonderful company. Plus we saved a ton of money! Emily was in charge of bringing the appetizers so before dinner we feasted on seared tuna (amazingly good), a vegetable tray and a cheese platter. Jason and I were in charge of the meal which consisted of  blue cheese, date and pecan stuffed pork tenderloin, mushroom risotto and roasted asparagus. Unfortunately I was so wrapped up in the festivities New Years Eve I forgot to get a picture of  all of the food but Jason and I had some of it last night for leftovers so I made sure to get a shot.
Stuffed Tenderloin, mushroom risotto, and roasted asparagus.

This morning I woke up around 7:00 and had a cup of coffee, followed by a bowl of oats.
In the mix I have:
  • 1/4 cup Oats
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • sprinkle of bran cereal
  • sprinkle of chia seeds
  • tablespoon of sunflower seed butter from Trader Joe's
I add the oats, milk and yogurt together and let them sit in the refrigerator. After about 30 minutes mix together then add your toppings. This is a great breakfast that you can put together the night before and let your oats sit overnight. Add your toppings and you are out of the door. Its healthy, filling and super easy. When making oats this way I usually eat them cold but you may heat them if you prefer.

I did a 90 minute Hot Vinyasa class this morning that kicked my booty. I began practicing yoga back in March and since then I have become completely obsessed. Not only is yoga good for your body but it is a wonderful stress reliever and it helps us to be mindful and focused on living in the present. If you have never tried yoga I highly recommend you give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. We had the same mushroom risotto for our New Years side :) I've swapped your old blog for this one on my bookmarks! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete