Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Welcome to Key Ingredients!!
My name is Allie and I am 29 years old living in Charlotte, NC with my husband Jason and our Jack Russell Emma.


Starting this blog has been on my mind constantly for the past six months so since we are starting off a new year I figured there was no better time than now to give it a go. I have been reading food and healthy living blogs for the past year and I am completely hooked. For me, food and fitness are key ingredients to living a positive and healthy lifestyle. I have a serious love for food and my hope for the coming year is to complete a cookbook that has been a work in progress for two years now. This blog is part of my motivation so I can share my journey with all of you. I love fitness and my favorite activities for staying in shape are running and yoga. I have completed two triathlons and a half marathon and currently trying to find a fitness goal to strive for in 2012.

In honor of New Years (a day late) I wanted to share with you the wonderful goodness we had yesterday to help us ring in the new year. 

Black Eyed Peas: For good luck
Collards: Good fortune
Pork: Wealth and Prosperity
Cornbread: Happiness
Macaroni and Cheese: because it is good and its my husbands favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment