Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New York Part 1

I have so much that I want to share from our trip to New York so I am going to break it up into several post. We had an early flight out of Charlotte last Thursday morning so we arrived in New York around 10:00. Jason's boss kindly let us use her condo for our stay so as soon as we unloaded our stuff we set out to explore the city. I have been to New York several times and Jason and I were just there at Christmastime last year but I feel like there is always something new to see. Also I love to just walk around the city because each area is so different and offers something that makes it unique.




Other than doing lots of walking and sightseeing we saw the broadway play Once, which I highly recommend if you are looking for a good show, a food tour of the Chelsea Market that I will talk about more in another post, and lots and lots of good eating. There is something about being in New York that makes me want to eat all the time. I guess it has to do with all the wonderful restaurants and the constant smell of food as you are walking along the streets. And of course you have those amazing pastries, cookies, and cakes that stare back at you from the windows of the many bakeries.

The best cookie I have ever had from Levain Bakery. We ordered the dark chocolate chocolate chip. Jason and I walked to the complete opposite side of the city in search of this place and it was worth every mile. Soft and gooey and filled with lots of chocolate chips.

Here is a look at a few more places we enjoyed while in the city. I recommend going to any of these restaurants if you plan to visit New York.

An assortment of Crostini from Fig and Olive
Manchego, Fig, Marcona Almond; Prosciutto, Ricotta, Fig, Olive, Walnut; and Goat Cheese (Pasturized), Caramelized Onion, Chive
 
Fig and Olive: Butter Lettuce Crab Salad
Crab, butter lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber, radish, hard boiled egg, scallion basil tarragon tomato yogurt Manzanillo Olive Oil dressing
 

Casa Mono: Tamarindo Pork Belly and Octopus with Butternut Squash

Casa Mono: Scallops with Goat Cheese and Butternut Squash puree; Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Croquetas
 
DB Bistro Moderne: Sauteed Lemon Sole
Quinoa, Apricots, Baby Fennel, Coriander
Brown Butter
 
 
DB Bistro Moderne:The Original db Burger
Sirloin Burger Filled with Braised Short Ribs
Foie Gras and Black Truffle, Served on a Parmesan Bun
Pommes Frites

The Green Table (in the Chelsea Market) Deviled Farm Eggs – 4-ways: classic Southern, wasabi, bacon-relish & pimento cheese
 
The Green Table (in the Chelsea Market) Kiss My Grits – scrambled eggs, grits, market greens & Amy’s Toast

New York is such a wonderful place to visit especially during the holidays. The city is full of decorations and christmas lights and several of the parks set up holiday markets with an assortment of items from different vendors. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment