Peanut Butter Balls
(Recipe Yields 3 Dozen)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 bags semi-sweet chocolate morsels (18oz.)
-Combine butter and peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 to 40 seconds for the butter to melt and the peanut butter to soften.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix together until mixture has the consistency of dough,
- Form dough into 1" round balls and place on a baking sheet. - Place baking sheet in the freezer for an hour (or refrigerator 3 to 4 hours) till the dough becomes firm. (This makes the dough much easier to melt into the chocolate)
- Melt the chocolate morsels in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water. Dip the balls one at a time making sure all of the ball is covered with chocolate. Using a spoon remove the ball from the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl.
- Place the chocolate covered balls back on a baking sheet. Once all the dough has been dipped in the chocolate place the baking sheet back into the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.